CAPA FLORENCE PROGRAM
The CAPA Florence Program provides you with a unique opportunity to engage with the city and understand how Florence has been able to retain its rich history while adapting to modernity. It isn’t just the Gallery Accademia (home to Michelangelo’s David) or the Uffizi Gallery (home to Boticelli’s Birth of Venus) that connect you to the past; walking through the enchanting streets of Florence feels like being in a living museum!
The CAPA Florence Program Fee includes:
Each semester and summer, CAPA offers Italian language courses and a range of courses taught in English. In the Fall we also offer an Advanced Italian Track in partnership with the University of Florence's Cultural Center for Foreigners for students with over four semesters of Italian.
- 12-18 academic credits for the semester, 6 in the summer
- Optional internship and Advanced Italian Program (for additional fee)
- Classes held at the CAPA Florence Center in the beautiful Palazzo Galli-Tassi built in 1400 just a few streets from the Duomo
- Shared apartment housing (homestay with daily breakfast and dinner available for a supplemental fee)
- A Florence bus pass for the dates of the program
- Full-day excursion to Siena and San Gimignano
- Social events including an arrival reception, mid-term dinner (semesters only), and a farewell ceremony
- A pass and library privileges to the British Institute's 50,000 English-volume library
- My Global City Florence, CAPA’s unique learning immersion program
- Medical, travel, and accident insurance
- CAPA Florence student services and support, including 24-hour emergency on-call support
Over 50,000 students have studied abroad with CAPA!
- 40 years experience in study abroad education
- Personalized, experiential and academic programs that genuinely involve each student with the location, people and culture of their host city
- Affordable, fully accredited, semester and summer programs and internships
- Need-based and access scholarships
Learn more about us here or call us at 1.800.793.0334
Live, learn, and work in a vibrant global city. Our transformative summer and semester study abroad and internship programs will help you develop real-world skills. Our Global Classrooms and Globally networked learning courses allow you to study a topic from a global perspective by connecting you with teachers and students studying around the world, expanding your study abroad experience beyond your chosen location. You won’t just leave your CAPA program with incredible stories. You’ll begin the next chapter of your life with confidence and a global perspective that Go Beyond the location you studied in!
Students can chose to participate in the the Florence: Advanced Italian Track program (Fall only) or the Florence: Global Cities program (Fall and Spring).
The Advanced Italian Track program: If you're an Italian language major or have a high level of competency in Italian, this program is for you! We've partnered up with the University of Florence’s Cultural Centre for Foreigners to provide you with a wide range of academic courses, fine arts courses, and advanced Italian language courses - all taught in Italian. You can also opt to do an internship in your chosen field.This program is designed to help you achieve genuine cultural integration. Note: you must have at least 4 semesters of Italian language completed and be competent in the language in order to participate.
The Florence: Global Cities program: Florence is a vibrant, awe-inspiring, and culturally rich Global City. Its history as the cradle of the Renaissance remains readily accessible through its art and architecture, and with an ever-growing immigrant population, Florence is very much a multi-cultural city. You can explore the city's diversity by taking a Migrantour or visiting Vivi-Market to find authentic foods and ingredients from Asia, Latin America and other regions. This immersive study abroad program gives you insight into the significant ways in which Florence has been imagined, invented, and transformed by globalization. Earn 12-18 credits