Study Away Application Process
- Study Away Approval Form - In this form, you will outline your progress towards your degree and show how your semester or year abroad will allow you to graduate on time. This must be signed by your advisor(s) and uploaded to your application.
- Personal Statement - You will be asked to answer three short essay questions regarding your interest in your specific program, the ways you have prepared to participate in your program, and your specific goals for studying away. Each essay is a minimum of 200 words.
- Scholarship Request - You will have the opportunity to request funding from the Office of Study Away. Not all programs have this section, based on scholarship availability from the host program.
In addition to application questions, you will be asked to read and sign some forms with information about your application and time abroad.
- Agreement to Release Information - You must agree to let the Office of Study Away review your academic, conduct, and financial aid records.
- Federal Work Study Funds - You will be asked to confirm whether or not you receive Federal Work Study.
- Host Program Application - In addition to the Oberlin Application, you must apply to your host program directly.
- Live and/or Dine in a CO-OP - Information for individuals who currently live and/or dine in a co-op at Oberlin.
- Study Away Cost & Financial Aid Info - Information regarding cost and billing for study away programs. This information is also visible in the "Study Away Billing Info" section of the FAQs
Once you have been approved to study away and have been accepted into your host program, there will be additional forms to complete and sign. These forms will cover health and safety, international insurance, transferring credits, and other pre-departure topics.